Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rattlesnake Reflections III

The last of the excursion...
This is from last year--the light was absolutely perfect; it was slightly earlier in the evening, and the leaves had turned, so the reflections were a little warmer behind the stumps.
And for those of you who commented about rattlesnakes--there aren't any here around Seattle. It's too wet. The name of the lake comes from the early settlers in the area. There are some plants that when the seed pods dry and shake in the wind, the seeds rattle and sound like a rattlesnake--hence the name. Believe me, if there were rattlesnakes out there, I would not be hiking out there by myself!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Amazing shots, Pat! I love those reflections. So perfect. I'm glad to know there aren't any rattlesnakes there! :)

Diana said...

Just beautiful! and im glad that there are not any rattlesnakes around there, if you want some there are plenty of them here.

Yolanda said...

Great reflections. I love these.

The Au Family said...

Wow! These reflections are amazing!

Lauren Hartman said...

Wow Pat, these really are beyond cool. I hope you've printed out a few of these to hang in your house! You're making me want to look up where this lake is and head out there :)

Cathi Green said...

Oh Pat! These are breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

#2 looks like a mountain surrounded my a moat. I'd be afraid of rattlesnakes, too!

Bobbi said...

These are so amazing, yesterdays too. I really just love your eye.

I hope everything is going well with you and Rick!

Reds said...

Beautiful reflections - so peaceful!

Angela2932 said...

The reflections are just so astonishingly beautiful! These would look so wonderful framed, and as part of a photo wall!

Vanessa said...

Oh how cool! I am SUCH a sucker for reflections!!