Thursday, October 29, 2009

Black and White IV: Abstractions

Sometimes converting to black and white can turn something totally abstract; removing the color removes the point of reference, like this:

Did you recognize the autumn calla lily? Isn't it gorgeous? You may see more of this one!

Ok--to be fair, this is a pretty abstract shot to begin with...

10 comments:

Yolanda said...

Love this! Very cool.

Shannon said...

This is beyond cool Pat! I thought it might be a mushroom. Beautiful Lines! Love it!

Lauren Hartman said...

Totally knew it was a calla :) Really like it in B&W...your conversions are really fantastic, I have such a hard time converting macros.

Tracie said...

It's beautiful Pat... the black and white almost looks like glass to me :) Wonderful job!

Margaret said...

Amazingly beautiful. I love seeing both versions. That black and white one is incredible.

Reds said...

Abstract and so beautiful!!

Mandy said...

Isn't there something SO sensual about the lily? I just feel its curves must be one of natures greatest creations. Beautiful...I love the way you notice details.

Anonymous said...

That makes me think of Imogen Cunningham! Beautiful and graceful.

Suzy said...

oooo Well I really hope to see more! What smoothness (is that a word lol?) Love it!

Angela2932 said...

You know, although I love the b&w, the color version just blows me away, it's so gorgeous! And you're definitely not a curmudgeon! I had the same thought about the trick-or-treaters! (oh, wait. . . but I might be a curmudgeon :) )