Thursday, October 22, 2009

Autumn at the River

This is just around the bend from Sleepy Hollow Road from yesterday. There's an old RR trestle that goes across the river; the old railroad bed has been turned into a hiking/biking trial, and the bridge makes a great vantage point for river shots. I was hoping for a blue sky day, but a dry day is just as good this time of year!!





11 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh my these are gorgeous! It looks so calm and peaceful there.

Angela2932 said...

I live just around the corner from Sleepy Hollow Lane! (Grand Forks, though, and we don't have gorgeous, gorgeous reflections like this!)

Pat, I talk to someone today, who talked to the nurse who set up our local flu shot clinic. . . . She said that actually, the H1N1 vaccine is no more risky than any year's vaccine; every year it's a "new vaccine", based on the specific mutations of the flu virus for that year. We got the regular flu shot; it's looking like H1N1 won't be available until late November here. And H1N1 is really sweeping through the community--various schools have closed as they've hit 34 to 50% absence rates, plays cancelled, stores having trouble staffing, hospital restricting visitors. I don't know what it's like elsewhere, but here, I'd jump at the chance for the H1N1 shot given what I've seen it to be like for people who've gotten H1N1. . . . just my 2 cents).

Esther said...

Oh, I'd LOVE to walk on this old abandoned RR track! The color in these is just gorgeous Pat. I'm so envious of your beautiful locations. :)

Anonymous said...

The reflection is so peaceful. I can hear the leaves rustling:)

Bobbi said...

I want to come move by you! This is just so gorgeous and colorful.

Yolanda said...

Gorgeous! Love the reflection in the water. I hear you about the dry day-- we don't get many of those either.

Nicki said...

Love the bend in the river as well as the gorgeous coloring of the trees and their reflections.

Reds said...

Beautiful reflections Pat! What beautiful scenery too!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

You get such beautiful fall colors up there. I just love the way you captured the reflections of the trees. So pretty.

Julie said...

The colors and reflections are awesome!

Shanna Jones said...

I had an aunt that would have loved to paint one of these pictures. Lovely.