Sunday, October 25, 2009

Autumn at the Mill Pond

I finally got a blue sky day over at the mill pond, and it was worth the wait. A little earlier this week Rick and I drove by and I took some shots, but it was a gray overcast day, so the reflection was quite a bit different. Too, the trees had more foliage because we had some wind and rain in between, but you win some and you lose some. It was worth having fewer leaves to have the blue sky.
I was late enough in the afternoon that by waiting just a little bit I was able to get some alpen glow. Not too much this time of year; it's kind of an iffy thing, but I did get a little bit.
The pond itself was perfectly still and highly reflective. I was glad that I came back. The rain and wind had also broken up the skiff of algae that had formed. I just love fall shots, especially when there is water involved. Heck, I love anything with water involved! I wonder if that's because I'm an Aquarius? Nah--it's because I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan.


I couldn't resist stopping by Snoqualmie Falls and seeing how it was running now that we've had some rain. They've been really low, but since the last few storms, they started running better. They look so nice in the fall with a little color as a backdrop. I wanted to get a shot from further back but they were kicking up such a thick mist you couldn't see them from further down the gorge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those reflections are gorgeous! The lake looks like a sheet of glass.

Nicki said...

Beautiful shots - great reflections.

Yolanda said...

Gorgeous as always!

Regina said...

Oh wow. Looks like you found your Fall color. Those reflections are gorgeous!!