I REALLY like Siberian iris. They are smaller and more delicate than either the bearded iris or the Japanese iris. Their leaves are longer and thinner and more grass-like. I love the thumbprint designs on the falls and the veining and coloration within them. They are so delicate, but their colors are so vivid.
Friday, July 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love these as well because the others seem to come and go so fast in the Spring and these surprise you on into the Summer. That next to last shot is wonderful.
Lovely! The petals remind me of butterfly wings. You inspired me by the way, I took loads of flower shots at the park today. I can't do it at home as I have no landscaping ;) Green my thumb is not!
Oh how I love these. I use to have some Siberian iris's in my garden....but the whole garden is now gone!!! But, I love them....as I love all Iris's. My dear, sweet Mom's name was Iris, and so, they are so special to me!!!! Thanks for showing these....perked me up!!
Such gorgeous color and the depth of field really shows off these beauties. There's something about irises that make them seem like they each have such distinctive personalities!. . . elegant, or delicate, or whimsical, or staunch, or sophisticated! I'm going on a garden tour tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get to see some irises.
Such intricate details on the leaves! I am so impressed with your knowledge of these beautiful flowers!
I'm with you Pat. I love these irises but have never been able to get good photos of these. You've done a great job!
Gorgeous! Love how frilly those are and the contrast of the purple and yellow is beautiful!
Post a Comment