My sentiments exactly.
I grew up in Michigan, on the shores of Lake Michigan, and we were fortunate enough to have a family cottage where we spent the entire summer. Beach and sand and waves and gulls are in my blood; to me, there is nothing as relaxing and soul-satisfying as being on the beach, hearing the waves, smelling the "beachiness", feeling the sand, looking for treasures. I can just feel myself unknotting and opening up. How fortunate I am to live here where the ocean is an easy drive away.
It was a perfect day--Mt. Baker was shining in the distance, hovering over the water like a dream.
Is there anything as intriguing as piles and piles of drift logs? The child in me wants to make a play fort.Or, if you are lucky enough, you can find an old tree, hollowed out, with an opening big enough to walk into--the perfect pre-made fort. And yes, I did go in (a little way).
As the day went on, the early morning haze lifted and Baker became clearer and clearer. Not only Baker, but the Cascade range and even Mt. Rainier were visible. On the other side of the island, we were able to see the Olympics. Perfect, perfect day!!
I love a good rocky beach. There are so many treasures waiting to be discovered there. And, there is something incredible soothing about the sound of waves shushing in and out of the rocks at the edge of the water.
By the end of the day, Baker was in its full glory. We were high enough on the island that we could look down on the water and see all the variations of color. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Who could not love a day like this??
7 comments:
not fair!
and a glimpse of you - sweet!
but the rest - not fair! (I'm so jealous)
You're so cute! I love the old tree shots!
oh wow - what a view!! You are so lucky to live close by to such beauty! And nice seeing you again!! :)
Gorgeous! Love the way the logs line the shore! What a beautifuly clear day in Washington! Those views are stunning!
The PNW is amazing isn't it? I can't imagine living anywhere else. I would love to go beaching with you sometime :) These are stunning, Pat!
You make me want to plan a trip to the Pacific Northwest :) I love that your pictures capture beach, water, and mountains all in one shot!
That is a perfect day!!! And you look super cute in that tree!
Post a Comment