Monday, July 11, 2011

Macro Monday

I love lacecap hydrangeas, and the way the center looks like some undersea plant.  Those little individual blooms, before they open up, are so exotic.

 I also can't resist the color of the petals--the beautiful blue that blends into a soft purple.  Is there anything quite as pretty as hydrangea blue??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have missed macro monday! There is something special about a blue flower. Hydrangeas are just gorgeous.

Amanda said...

Those blues are breath taking. I like the second to last one the best. I need to invest in a macro lens at some point, but my wish list is so long ;)

Yolanda said...

Beautiful! And they do look like they belong underwater.

Reds said...

Love your macro Mondays!! so pretty and delicate!

Esther said...

OoOOOooH! LOOOOOVE the colors in the fist two. Just beautiful and soft. And those details are amazing.