Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Camano odds and ends

On the drive off the island, ML and I pulled into this Antique/junk store on the side of the road.  This little display was so colorful and cheerful that we couldn't pass it up.  The store itself was more junk than otherwise.  The outside displays were the best part of it.

 We stopped at the Wooden Boat Museum at Cama Bay, where they store the old fishing boats from when Cama Bay was a fishing camp, and they restore old wooden canoes.  I thought the interior of this was beautiful, and got caught up in the curves and lines and design.

Then I had to try it in B&W because it was such a strong visual image I had to see how it translated.
 And if any of you are wondering---yes, it IS possible to live on Easy St.  Just move to Camano Island!!  There was even a street with my first and middle name.  Fun!  My favorite street sign was "Loon Asea", which made me laugh, even if there wasn't a place to get a photo of it.  Someone in charge of road names there has a good sense of humor.

7 comments:

Nicki said...

There is an actual 'easy street' - just don't tell my son. I love the colors of the Adirondack chairs and umbrellas. Love the floral shots of your previous post as well - looks like crystals in the center.

Amanda said...

I love those canoe shots...especially the color one. The tones of the wood draw me in for some reason.

Angela2932 said...

Oh my gosh, Pat! I just scrolled through your photos all the way to December! Oh, what I have been missing! Your photos are total eye-candy! Seriously, woman, you need to publish a book of your photos! And to think that if I had seen your March Animal Kingdom photos, I would probably have booked an excursion in May! Silly me; I should have known that I should have consulted with you!

And now, your Camano shots are so appealing! You have the greatest "eyes"!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Easy St. :) I'd love to live there! Those are the happiest Adirondack chairs ever.

Reds said...

Somebody finally found the easy street!! LOL! Great shots - especially love the canoe shots!

Tracie said...

Pat, I love these, but especially the chairs with the signs next to them... gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura B. said...

Those andirondak chairs make me want to pack up and move right out there. That is my idea of bliss! Great shots mom!!!