Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dahlia Delights

The dahlias I planted this year are really struggling.  Here it is the end of July and they are only about 6" high---just too wet and cold.  I finally had to break down and buy a couple of potted, blooming dahlias and stick them in the garden.  I love the two-tone petals of this variety
 and the fact that sometimes the petals get a little schizophrenic...


This one is two-toned as well, with a lovely darker underside.

Another two-tone.  I seem to have a thing for them this year.
The color blend on this one is so scrumptions---it looks like sunrise in a pot.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Schizophrenic petals :D That made me laugh! Great captures as always.

Reds said...

I had to laugh too!! You must have a huge garden to have all these different flowers!! Love dahlias!

Kerry said...

Gorgeous! If you want to grow dahlias you really should move South where I am. :)

Regina said...

We have the opposite problem, dry and oppressively hot! These are gorgeous. Love the colors. Everything is starting to just look brown here. :/

Nicki said...

Oh my, the yellow is simply divine!

Aditi said...

They're beautiful! :)