Monday, August 02, 2010

What's that?

There have been forest fires in eastern Washington, and yesterday there was enough smoke blowing over the Cascades to turn the sun into something that you would expect to see in smoggy LA.  The sun was a huge orange ball, almost looking like a harvest moon.  (White balance on this was a nightmare...)  It will be interesting to see if we have the same conditions today.

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Wow, I can see why the white balance would be a nightmare. I really hope the fires are out soon.

Shannon said...

We have the same here Pat. The smoke has cleared somewhat to day, the wind has shifted. Such dry and windy conditions are not helping.
Stay safe :)

KRISTIE said...

Very cool big moon!

Maria said...

A pink sun! Wow! I love this picture! I also love the lavender in your last post. I love the smell of lavender . . .

Yolanda said...

Good capture. Too bad it has such a terrible cause. We used to get that a lot when we lived in Colorado. The smoke is really hard on your eyes and lungs. I hope the fire is out soon.

Nicki said...

looks like bubble gum ball - very interesting.

Reds said...

What a gorgeous moon! I hope the fires will be over soon!

Regina said...

Ominous feeling, but what a neat capture!