A few individual blooms...
I love these varieties. They look like they have little flags flying off the top of the stalk.
I love finding rebels---even if it is just a weed. Purple and yellow are complementary colors, and the colors sing.
Wasn't it nice of him to fit into the color scheme, too? Yes, there were TONS of bees.





8 comments:
The bokeh in that first shot is so delicious Pat! And the colors in that 4th one......BEAUTIFUL!! I would print that large and mount in on my wall for all to see! TFS such a beautiful color palette again today!
When my kids were little, we'd make lavender bottles by bending back and caging the lavender blooms, then threading ribbon through the stalks so that the buds would not fall out. We'd use the bottles to scent drawers and closets. It was a really wonderful summer past-time - at least for a few years. I haven't gotten around to planting lavender in our new home and I really miss it. Maybe I'll plant some next year . . .
I have tried to shoot the lavendar in my yard several times but never managed to make it look so good :)
I love all of them, but the "rebel" shot is my favorite. I love lavender and can almost smell it sitting here. Great job!
You and Lauren and your lavender fields - ENVY over here on the East Coast - E.N.V.Y. These are beautiful Pat, wonderful bokeh. I didn't even think about all the bees. yikes!
Love the bokeh!! And the colors!! Love lavender!
LOVE your pics! The yellow and purple combination is amazing. Beautiful :)
I love your little yellow rebel! Very beautiful shots!
Post a Comment