Give me a waterfall any day. Is there anything (other than the sound of waves on a beach) as soothing as the sound of a waterfall? I hear that, and instant relaxation floods my body. The sound of running water is the greatest stress reducer around for me. Mt. Rainier filled the prescription perfectly with some of its falls.
I like big ones...
...smaller ones...
...rivers with rapids....
...and particularly little hidden streams that chuckle and run through the rocks, hidden in the shadows deep in the woods. They are the hidden treasures one finds on a hike.





6 comments:
I'm with you, Pat! I love the sound of water. I can easily put myself in a trance just by listening to it. Last time we went to Niagara Falls, my husband took the kids and left me sitting in the park by the water. When he came back he apologized for having been gone so long . . . I didn't have the heart to tell him that I didn't even notice the time that had gone by! I didn't fall asleep but I know that on some level, my mind had shut down. It was so wonderful!
These pictures of the water are fabulous! They look like very delicately spun sheets. Sigh I think I need to visit this place . . .
Pat, those captures are amazing. I got mesmerized just staring at them!
Wow Pat! Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous place.
I love how the falls are so silky in your shots, very soothing. Water can have one of either two effects - it either soothes and relaxes, or increases the urgency to potty. I much prefer the former. Beautiful location.
Oh Pat - your photos make me want to visit this gorgeous place!! You rock these waterfall shots!!
I think you chose the absolutely perfect shutter speeds for these shots! Faster would have been more crystal-like, but I love love love! the creamy-dreamy-hypnotizing smooth of these!
Thanks for asking about me and Doug and Bonnie. We miss her more than we imagined! It's just so oddly quiet without her dog-noise and personality. We got called yesterday to come pick up her ashes, so your timing in asking was just perfect. What wasn't so perfect was that Doug and I went for a walk yesterday, and another yellow lab just ran from its owner and swamped us with affection! The woman kept saying, "she never acts like that!" So I felt she was a kind of emissary from Bonnie! Think I'll txt Doug right now and tell him that maybe that walk wasn't such a good idea because now I want another dog! (well, I want Bonnie!)
Post a Comment