A couple of weeks ago 3 photograpically-inclined friends and I took a day trip over to San Juan Island, the largest island in the San Juan chain, to vis1t Pelindaba Lavender Farm. (http://pelindabalavender.com/) Fabulous place--the fields are open to the public and you can walk through them to your heart's content. You can even cut your own lavender. I had no idea there were so many different varieties of lavender to be found! After moseying through the fields and inhaling all that lovely fragrance for a couple of hours, we were a group of happy mellow campers!
I love the contrast between the plants in bloom and those that have already been harvested.
Billows and waves of lavender surround you
Variations in color show the different varieties, and make the fields look like a glorious patchwork quilt.
Look at the abstract design going on here!
I kept coming back to these...my eye immediately captured by the abstract fan pattern that the bloom stalks created, and the way the light hit them.
A small overview...inhale, please. Ahhhh, don't you feel better already?
And, across the road from the farm was a little pond, complete with sailing lessons being given. How fun!!








8 comments:
Holy WOW - so much beauty in one location. LOVE the abstract in the lavender, just beautiful.
Congratulations on winning the July color challenge - speaking of abstract, your flag was awesome.
What awesome pictures! Love the last one!!
Soo beautiful! I love the contrast between the purple and greens. Just lovely. I'd like to live across from those fields how relaxing!
That is Amazing!! I would love to go there. I'm sure the bees are active :) great for macros
Pat! Can I come visit you!?! These are WONDERFUL shots, and YES, I can smell them! I love the second to the last shot especially, and of course the last one. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!
Lavendar fields and sailboats!!!!!! I SO need to move!. . . maybe I should lure Doug out there with the promise of. . . .target practice!
simply gorgeous, would love to visit this one day.
These take my breath away! I bet you were in heaven with all of those gorgeous lines and patterns. Beautifully seen and captured Pat.
Post a Comment