Thursday, August 05, 2010

San Juan barn

I love old barns, and am always on the lookout for old dilapidated full-of-history barns.
On our way to the lavender farm, we saw this wonderful old barn set back on a property, quite far from the road.  One of our group is fearless, and convinced us to drive down the road to the property (dirt, overgrown in the center with weeds, tree branches reaching into the raod...definitely not used often).  We did, and she found the owners and asked them if we could photograph the barn.  I am sure they thought us city folk were nuts...it's just an old barn.  Yep, just an old barn, weathered and full of stories and wonderful details.  I am so glad that she is nervy enough to do things like that, or we would've missed this treasure.






7 comments:

Yolanda said...

That was a great find! My grandpa had a ranch when I was growing up so I have a soft spot in my heart for barns. Great job!

Nicki said...

What a treasure trove - wowzer! Beautiful barn and great shots.

Samantha said...

What a great subject! I love the one of the fence and gate!

Reds said...

Glad you stopped and asked (wish I had the courage!!) - love old barns! Love all your detailed shots!

Suzy said...

Fantastic captures! I love barns to!

Kerry said...

Pat--I'm so with you on your love of old barns! We found a couple on our recent trip to Wyoming.

Regina said...

I imagine this would be a great place for some portraits. I always love your old barns!