Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Little Edgy

It's pansy season, and I really like these new super-ruffled hybrids.  They remind me of the petticoats flamenco dancers wear--just layers of exuberantly colored ruffles.  I like going for the abstract look and throwing things into the bokeh.  Doesn't hurt that there was a little rain, either!
Notice the tentative spider webbing?

15 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

So fantastic!!!! You're getting along great with your new camera/lens.

Barbara said...

These are just the best, love them.

Samantha said...

Those are positively stunning!

Vanessa said...

Oh the raindrops made me swoon!! Looks like you are loving your new gear!

Angela2932 said...

Very pretty ruffles, Pat. Nice contrast between the sharpness of the in-focus area and the blurred background; beautiful DOF & color!

Joanne said...

these are just awesome! you're right they do look like flamenco dancer skirts! Love the colors.

Meaghan said...

Beautiful! They almost look like coral.

Cindi Koceich said...

Great comparison and gorgeous shots!!!

Maria said...

How beautiful! I had never seen ruffled pansies before! Now I'm going to have to look for them in the stores!

Yolanda said...

Amazing! Gorgeous-- I've run out of words but really fantastic photo's!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous abstracts!

Reds said...

Amazing - and those waterdrops - wow!

annabelle said...

when the macro photographer in me grows she wants to be just like you Pat, you are amazing :)

tori said...

These are beautiful Pat! Love them!

Suzy said...

Oh wow these are gorgous. Love your dof!