Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Just Dandy

There it was, underfoot, the undeniable, indisputable iron-clad sign of spring.  Daffodils and crocus come up through the snow, but dandelions have to have decent weather to get going.  A true sign that we are having an incredibly mild winter!  (Again, apologies to Angela!)

11 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Ha! Apologies accepted (and I delight in the glimpse of this wonderful burst of spring colors), but Pat! You're torturing me here! This is such beautiful yellow and right now it's hard for me to imagine that such color will EVER come from the ground around here!

Esther said...

I never knew dandilions had those curly things in the middle! Where have I been all my life? I'm so happy for your early spring or mild winter or whatever you want to call it. We are hoping to get above the zero mark by tomorrow. I'm SO happy! Spring cannot come fast enough for me or Angela! HA!

Nicki said...

Oh wow - look at those curls. Poor Angela; I think she is suffering enough winter for all of us. We're not getting any early Spring here, and I've had my fill of snow - but then there is Angela - poor . poor . Angela.

Margaret said...

That yellow is so beautiful. Hard to believe it's a dreaded dandelion! I'm looking forward to spring, but not looking forward to seeing those pesky little weeds poking up all over my yard! :)

Cathi Green said...

Ugh, dandilion time! I learn so much about things from your pictures, I never knew they had those curly things in the middle!

--sme said...

I love the detail you've captures...all those little curls are great!

Suzy said...

lol at your apologies to Angela.. Poor girl! I love this hint of spring and all that yellow. I wish I had one in my yard right now!

--sme said...

(btw, there's something for you on my food blog... http://dontmesswithmystomach.blogspot.com/2010/03/awww.html Thanks for being such an inspiration!)

Yolanda said...

Ok Pat, you outdid yourself here. You took a dreaded (at least for me) dandelion and turned it into a beautiful photo! Gorgeous picture. At this point I think even I would take a dandelion if I saw one -- but they're probably buried underneath the snow. sigh.

Reds said...

Lucky girl - to get to see flowers already!! So jealous here!

Samantha said...

Wow... I've never seen anything like that!