Thursday, March 04, 2010

The Heart of the Matter

...or tulip, as the case may be.  I love it when tulips blow wide open and you can see into the center.  They look like modern sculptures, and the colored petals behind set everything off perfectly.  (These are from the greenhouse a couple of weeks ago.  No tulips yet around here)


18 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautiful & sharp!

LiaL said...

Great shots, Pat! I love the colours. No tulips here for another two months or so! :(

janett said...

These are gorgeous!!!

shirley said...

I love tulips - these are so beautiful. And congrats on the new camera / lens!

annabelle said...

wow what fabulous colors...congrats on your new camera and macro :)

Suzy said...

I was going to say how did you get tulips already?! But the greenhouse would make sense. It's just beautiful! I love the bright and vibrant colors!

Margaret said...

Oh my word! You need to come down here and give me macro lessons. Seriously! Those are amazing!

Diana said...

So beautiful

Yolanda said...

Ohhh love the color! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers! Great shots!

Reds said...

Beautiful!! Great colors

Shannon said...

I can definately say that I am more than jealous about these flower shots. Looks like spring has arrived in your neck of the woods. We are getting closer and soon we will have your beautiful flowers :). But I have a feeling that mother nature isn't done with us yet

Angela2932 said...

Wow! What an explosion of colors! Beautiful! If you took these a few weeks ago, are they with the new camera?

Becca said...

Works of art...both the tulips and your captures! Our tulips are starting to push there way through the ground.

April said...

Wow..those are gorgeous. I'm so ready for spring.

Esther said...

Lovely Pat. I'm soo jealous of the flowers you get to photograph lately......even if they are in the nursery. Your compositions are awesome too.

Reds said...

Those colors - wow!!

Jackie's Shot said...

Your photography is simply beautiful. ~Jackie

Samantha said...

Those are gorgeous and incredibly sharp!