“Daffodils that come before the swallow dares, and take the winds of March with beauty.”
William Shakespeare
Ok, so these were in the greenhouse and didn't have to brave the March winds... The first one is a variety called a butterfly daffodil, or a split trumpet. I love the ruffled, over-the-top center, and the mix of colors.
These are jonquils--I wish you could smell them. They smell as heavenly as they look!
For those of you who are wondering about the difference between narcissus, jonquil, and daffodil: the Latin name is Narcissus. The varieties with a single stem and 2-3 small flowers and a sweet fragrance are jonquils. Daffodils are taller, a single flower per stem with 6 petals and a trumpet, and generally yellow, but not always.




11 comments:
OOHHHH! I love the peach ones! I have never seen any that color! I need to go find some of those for next year!!
These are gorgeous Pat! I'm so excited for spring because I get to see all your flower pix! :)
I can smell their sweetness :)
Gorgeous flowers. I love when I see my daffodils blooming because it means spring is here.
Such detail. Very pretty.
You know so much about flowers - wish I had your knowledge... and your macro skills! Beautiful job!
I don't think I have ever seen a peach colored daffadil. It is so pretty.
LOVE the first ones and LOVE the last ones! Pat you need to make scratch and sniff photos just so we can smell them
Beautiful daffodils! There are sone interesting varieties that don't even look like daffodils.
Gorgeous!
These photos reach more senses than the eye for me: smell, and touch. Again, delicious photos! I want to caress them with my fingertips, and bend right in to inhale the fragrance - your photos bring their freshness right to me!
Post a Comment