Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Iced Over

Still out playing in the ice storm remains....  These berries almost looked bronzed, between the ice and the cold.

Amazing the new patterns a plain old chain link fence creates with a little filigree of ice running over it!  Look at the "pleating" in the ice.

This leaf has a "hat" of ice, so I guess I'm on theme.  The leaf itself was so neat--it was so weather worn it was beginning to break down, right on the tree, to where it was thinner and more translucent than it should have been.  I kept thinking I wasn't focused in, but it was the leaf that was soft.  Oddest thing I've ever seen--a decaying leaf still on the tree.



I took my macro lens with me on the trip, but it was so blooming cold out (I think it was about 10 degrees this day) that there was no way I could hold still long enough to take a macro shot.  I used my new Freehand gloves that I got for Christmas.  They're PolarFleece, and the index finger and thumb tips on both hands fold back--PERFECT for camera work.  The other fingers stay covered so your hands are warm.  LOVE them and highly recommend them if you are going to be shooting outdoors.

16 comments:

LiaL said...

Pat, I always enjoy your photos. Love the ice on the fence and the leaf!
Where can I find Freehand gloves? I have gloves where all the fingers can be uncovered but having just the index finger "out" sounds better.

For Over 29 Years... said...

As usualy, love them! Those gloves sound really cool. Even though we've actually had a little bit of winter down here, it was still beautiful today at 54. LOL

Nicki said...

You amaze me at all your detail finds. Beautiful shots - love the lines and pleats on the fence shot.

Sharon said...

Beautiful shots! I love the fence and grass.

I need some of those gloves for when I am waiting for the bus and want to use my iPhone. ;)

bprincephoto said...

Lovely as always.

Jami said...

Pat, your macros are unbelievable! These are so great. Thank you for sharing!

Meaghan said...

These are wonderful. The ice on the fence is captivating!

Cheryl said...

These are all amazing, Pat.
I especially love the frosted glass look of the ice on the fence and the snow capped leaf.

Jodie said...

Gorgeous!

Yolanda said...

Love them all but the chain link fence one is my fav. Awesome as always-- you should put these on a calendar or make a set of cards of these. Really fab!

Joanne said...

Beautiful winter shots. The gloves sound like a great idea for these cold days. I need to get a pair.

Denita said...

Your closeup work is always outstanding - I love the fence shot.

Reds said...

Great icy shots - love the fence... and I want those gloves!!

annabelle said...

Beautiful as always. I esp like the leaf and the pattern of the ice on the fence :)

Anonymous said...

The ice on the fence it so cool! You must have been so glad your your new gloves:)

Suzy said...

Beautiful but oh my it looks cold!