Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hanging On

I love pinecones...I love the structure, I love the detail, I love the variation in color.  I'm even more thrilled when I can find some still hanging on the trees.  We've been having some really high winds, with gusts up past 60 mph lately, and there's tree limbs all over the place, not to mention pinecones strewn far and wide.  To find one determined hardly little cone, that hangs in there through all the rough storms, is a reminder for me.  And bonus--look at the wonderful yellow tips on the needles.  How cool are those?

15 comments:

Joanne said...

I love the colors on this! I hope your winds die down!

Vanessa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

annabelle said...

I love the colors and the comp:) we've had some strong winds too esp last night

Yolanda said...

Ooohhh. Gorgeous! Love the yellow tips!

Nicki said...

Was expecting a macro of those yellow new growth tips. Great shot and pinecones are an interesting composition of nature.

Reds said...

That green makes the pinecone pop!! Great shot!

Anonymous said...

The yellow tips make it look like it was "flocked" almost, like a Christmas tree!

Joanne said...

I just love to see your pics. You have such an incredible way of capturing the simple beauties around us that I just overlook. Thanks for sharing.

Suzy said...

Great DOF - very pretty!

Penny said...

Such a determined little pinecone... and such "almost" spring like colors! Wish it was truly spring. Great capture, Pat!!!

Margaret said...

Loving the depth of field on this one. Pinecones are so interesting...and every one is different. Love how this one has held on in spite of the winds and storms. That is a great lesson! Thank you so much for your thoughtful, eloquent words of comfort on my blog. I was so devastated by those mean comments I discovered. It means so much to me that you would take the time to help me feel better! You're the best! Thanks!!!!

Jodie said...

Fantastic! I love pinecones too! the colours you have are gorgeous!

Jodie said...

Fantastic! I love pinecones too! the colours you have are gorgeous!

Tracie said...

Love this so much Pat. It is amazing how it has hung in there :)

Momza said...

Oh I love this! Beautiful!!!!