Wednesday, January 27, 2010

G on the End

This is G, who turns 2 Friday, is 14 months younger than C...(oops! surprise!!)  She is a dynamo--always on the go, always moving, climbing, running, exploring, and wants to do whatever her big sisters are doing.  Her mom thinks that G should've been a boy.  She is fearless and will try things even her big sister won't do (much to her mom's consternation and heart palpitations).  Getting her to hold still even for a split second for a photo is nothing short of a miracle.  This Christmas was the first time Rick has seen her since she was 5 months old.  G took to him like bread to butter...we were all surprised at the instant bond that she formed with her Papa..she preferred him to me or the even more fun Uncle D! (R's health didn't allow him to much more than sit in a chair and watch her play, and still...)  When she gets on the phone she says (unprompted) "Wuv you Papa", which reduces Rick to tears...  Me, too.

E has dark blue eyes; C has brown eyes; G has light crystal blue eyes that are shaped like mine.

my 3 girlies--2 of whom just can't hold still for long....


15 comments:

Suzy said...

I love this! They're so beautiful and so are you Pat!

Kim said...

They are adorable and you look so pretty, Pat! Love your sweater! It looks like you have your hands full! lol

Joanne said...

I love the one with you and the girlies! So beautiful.

Margaret said...

She is so cute and sounds like quite a character. I've enjoyed seeing all your cute little granddaughters. I'm sure you must miss them so much living so far away from them. That shot of you with the girls is so cute. You definitely look like one happy grandma!!!

Michelle said...

your girlies (and you) are adorable! what a bunch of sweethearts.

Nicki said...

Beautiful girls - and I just love that last picture. So sweet between her and her papa. My father was hard of hearing in his later years and there was that magic bond between him and my son. Ryan would perform a show and out of no where he would pause and say "okay papa, did you hear all of that?" Dad would grin and nod affirmative and then Ryan would carry on. Dad is the only grandfather Ryan had any significant exposure to and to this day Ryan remembers that connection. Dad died before Ryan started 1st grade. I can appreciate how you both are brought to tears from those special words.

Cheryl said...

Pat, your three granddaughters are simply gorgeous. !!
You have captured some precious memories of times you spent together.

Penny said...

Pat, my eyes are tearing up for you, Rick and your wonderful GDs. These moments are so precious!! Beautiful girls and you can see the joy in their eyes! TFS!!!

Yolanda said...

Great photo's! I can see why you are such a proud grandma!

Reds said...

Your granddaughters are so sweet!! Great shot of you and your girls!

Denita said...

I loved these, Pat...especially the one of you and your little beauties!

bprincephoto said...

What another cutie! You've got such beautiful grandchildren.

Tracie said...

I am really enjoying these Pat, your granddaughters are just beautiful, like you! Such a sweet story about Rick :)

Angela2932 said...

I love the photo of you with them! Such beauties! It looks like all of you had the warmest, sweetest, most love-filled time while you were out there!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What a lovely shot of the 4 of you. Awww how sweet she is with Papa. I can not believe she is 2 allready. I was expecting to still see a little baby.