Monday, January 25, 2010

The Amazing Miss E

This is E, my oldest GD.  She has finally gotten old enough to allow us to take her picture.  For years she would hide whenever a camera came out, or turn her face away, or make faces, or just plain not smile.  We have many many photos of E that show the Stone Face, but now she smiles.  But this one, oh....I LOVE this one.  She was on the other side of the room, snuggling with her favorite blanket, and looked over at me with just this hint of a smile.  I grabbed it quickly before it vanished.  Love it, love it.  She has the most amazing big blue eyes and thick dark lashes...

E got her very own American Girl Doll, Chrissa, for Christmas, because she thought that "Chrissa looks just like me!"  Their eyes are certainly just about the same color!  Of course, Chrissa has front teeth...

E even asked (ASKED!) for pictures under the Christmas tree this year.  She thought she looked pretty before we went to Church Christmas Sunday.  I love her "all I want for Christmas" smile!  (Crummy shot, a million excuses, but there ya go..."No flashy thing, NaNa.  It hurts my eyes"  Tough crowd to work with!)

16 comments:

k said...

Wow! Her eyes are an amazing match for her dolly! Such a beautiful little girl!

Sara said...

How can your grandaughter be so big?? And don't beat yourself up, Pat. These are lovely shots of your Miss E.

Anonymous said...

Oh my those blue eyes and dark hair are striking and they really do match the doll:)

Esther said...

Wow, their eyes ARE similar! And I agree, that first shot just has so much emotion attached to it! I love it....and I'm glad she likes to model for you now!

Joanne said...

You don't give yourself enough credit---these are beautiful shots. And what gorgeous eyes she has!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Oh is she just adorable, those eyes are amazing. How cute their eyes match. Love her sparkly red shoes.

Maria said...

I love the sweetness of the first photo, from the blanket, to her bow, to those beautiful eyes.

Tracie said...

Pat you totally underestimate yourself with people photos. These are beautiful and so is your E :) Amazing eyes!

bprincephoto said...

Adorable! Looks like a fabulous time.

Angela2932 said...

Pat, she's adorable! I love the first shot, and love that she's willing to pose for you now. She is such a beauty!

Nicki said...

Miss E is very beautiful - glad she is coming around to allowing you take photos. These are just lovely.

Reds said...

Your granddaughter is so beautiful!!

KRISTIE said...

what amazing eyes! such a cutie!

Suzy said...

I think you do better shooting people than you give yourself credit for! You captured her beautifully! And what a doll she is with those big blue eyes! She really does look just like her doll - cute pix!

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness! That first shot is amazing! Love that sweet little hint of a smile! Definitely a keeper! How fun that she got Chrissa....and that Chrissa looks so much like her, especially the eyes. My Mallory loves American Girl dolls. She has six....yes six right now (including Chrissa) and is saving her money for the new American Girl of the Year doll! I guess that's what happens to a girl who doesn't have any sisters...she has to make up for it by surrounding herself by dolls!

Denita said...

She is so sweet looking!