One morning while I was at L's in Iowa, we awoke to this... There had been freezing fog the night before, so there was a heavy coating of hoar frost on EVERYTHING. It was spectacular!! I bundled up and went out with the camera--couldn't pass this up, and add the blue sky and sunshine to the equation, and it was pretty much perfect. Except the temps. It was a brisk 7 degrees while I was out there tromping around. Thank goodness the wind wasn't blowing!! It was so cold that the minute I turned the camera on you could almost hear the batteries draining. It was worth it, cold fingers, toes, nose and all!!
Sunday, January 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Those were worth braving the elements! Very beautiful with the white against the blue sky.
Thanks for the comment on my post today. I am feeling better! In fact I've signed up for nitrox training for my next scuba trip in 97 days. (not that I'm counting)
Those are really incredible. Definitely worth braving the elements to get shots like that!!
Those are beautiful! We had that here last weekend but I didn't have my camera on me. I was so sad!
So pretty! Those last two are really special, I actually said ohhhh! out loud when I saw them!
You are so brave to be out there in those temperatures, but you are so right when you say it was worth it. Your shots are spectacular! Love the contrast of the hoar frost and the blue sky. Amazing! Glad to see you posting again!!
Oh my you make winter look good!!
That 2nd picture is spectacular. The lengths we go through for a good picture. I love a heavy white frost - beautiful!
Uh brrrrr but oh so amazing. Incredible blue sky. I love the windmill shot. I have a full series of windmills I drive by.
Great shots! I know the feeling with the cold weather.
Wow - I especially love the second one!!
Beautiful!! Love the 2nd one! So pretty!
Beautiful photos! They are amazing!
Post a Comment