Yesterday morning I awoke to see Mt. Si topped with snow. The freezing level had dropped low enough to give the mountain a pretty good coating of fresh snow, but still high enough that down in the valley we had nothing but wet roads. The mountain was swathed in low hanging clouds and river fog, and the view from the valley overlook was stunning. Man, I love living here!!
A closer detail of the top from the road near my house. Zoom, zoom!




10 comments:
Oh my! They are beautiful!! I wish I lived close to something like that! Amazing!
Very pretty. Here it is snow or brown. This morning started with snow and the kids headed off to school with an extra skip in their step (there is no such thing as too many snow days as far as kids are concerned). Now - no snow, all back to brown. And the mountain side behind us reflects the same thing. We'd have to travel a little bit to get to 'real' mountains. This is so nice that it is right there for you.
so beautiful! you are sure lucky to have that view daily!
tara
Wow, Pat! So gorgeous. I can see why you love living there. Such amazing scenery.
Stunning!!
I can't believe you see this from your backyard! Wow! That is amazing!
lovely esp the first one, the warm light on the snow with the clouds love it :)
Beautiful! I would like a road trip right now so I could just drive through the country and see sites like this.
These are just breathtaking, especially that last one! They don't look exactly warm, but somehow they do have a hint of on the way to spring about them.
Pat, your views are just unbelievable! Seriously, I couldn't imagine seeing this daily. Loved the rainbow shot! And I cannot believe it is 50 degrees there! We are -21 here!! Thanks for sharing with those of us who can only dream of such views! You won't see that in Michigan. :)
Post a Comment