Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ice Abstracts

We've been fortunate enough to have some cold weather lately--cold enough for snow, and even ice!  Sounds sick to be excited about ice, but when winter usually means 6 months of rain, ice is an event to be celebrated.

I love what happens in frozen puddles---when it's icy, I go puddle-hunting to see what kind of wonderful abstract designs I can find.  There are always some gems, hidden in plain sight for those who are willing to look.





12 comments:

LiaL said...

Love, love, love that last one! Where I live we don't often have puddles when the frost comes but I may have to be on the lookout on early spring mornings for treasures such as these. I definitely want to try this.

Nicki said...

There are some very good pieces of art in your ice puddles - the last few especially.

Anonymous said...

whoa these are way COOL!
tara

Anonymous said...

They are so neat. Our old driveway used to get a lot of those puddles and I would crack them on my way to get the mail sometimes. It reminded me of when I was little.

janett said...

So cool! I don't think I've ever paid attention to iced over puddles before, you've inspired me. I love that last one, looks like a bunch of hairy rocks!

Anonymous said...

Those are REALLY cool. I love that last one!

Suzy said...

Very cool! I think I might have to go puddle looking tomorrow :)..

Reds said...

Never through of looking at puddles! Great shots Pat!

Margaret said...

You always have such an eye for the gorgeous details that many others would miss. Thanks for pointing them out. I really love the last shot with the hairy-looking rocks. :)

stephanie said...

These are amazing! I never would have thought puddles!

Jill said...

Those are soooooo pretty!!!!!!

Shannon said...

I LOVE these! All the different patterns in the ice, my favorite is when the ice wraps around those little rocks.
I just ordered mine on large canvas
for above my bed....so excited