Monday, December 07, 2009

Fire and Ice

To be correct, azalea and frost. I love this variety--the colors of the leaves this time of year, and when we are lucky enough to get a frost--MAGIC!!!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! These are simply magical! They look almost good enough to eat....that frost looks like sugar!

Vanessa said...

Absolutely stunning. Fire and Ice is such a perfect name for it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look like some kind of magical candy!

Nicki said...

I honestly thought it was candied flowers. Wow - gorgeous!

Chell said...

Wow this is STUNNING. I love these colors and the texture.

Lauren Hartman said...

STUNNING Pat! I love all that gorgeous color of the leaves coated by the frost! While it's been very cold here, we only got frost Saturday morning and I had kids to shoot. I would have loved to try and get something as nice as these!

Cindi Koceich said...

Goodness...I have never seen such a cool plant!!!! And, with the frost...just amazing!!!

Esther said...

Oh my goodness, BEAUTIFUL! I love your frosty pics lately. I agree, these look good enough to devour! :)

Susan said...

Looks like candy to me, too! These are so pretty! {I really enjoyed your interview on Two Peas! The photos posted there were amazing!}

Reds said...

Wow!!! Absolutely beautiful!!

Suzy said...

Wow those are just stunning! The contrast of the beautiful colors with the frost! Love it!

Sharon said...

Oh wow! Stunning!

LiaL said...

I love the gorgeous colour in this shot!

Pat, I have long been a fan of your work on 2Peas but only today did I check out your blog (DUH!!!!). Love your macro shots! Now I must grab a cup of tea and browse through the archives.