The difference a day can make--yesterday the leaves of a sweet gum tree caught my eye. They turn really late and the bright color just pops this time of year, especially when the leaves are all nestled in against the green underfoliage.

And of course, the heavy morning dew can't be passed up! Euphorbia leaves catch the drops so perfectly--nice round drops everywhere you look.

But this morning!! FROST!! YEA!!!! Everything was coated with a heavy thick rime and it was gorgeous out--freezing, but gorgeous.

I even had a skiff of ice in places on my little pond. The weather guys are talking about a couple more cold nights, so I am hoping for some more freezing. I may have to go ice puddle hunting, and go see if there's any good frost at the falls. It so rarely gets cold enough here that it's worth the early morning excursion.
Doesn't this look like a fern frond? Amazing what Mother Nature and Jack Frost do when they collaborate.
10 comments:
Your photos ALWAYS amaze me. I love them all. You totally inspire me.
Wasn't today amazing? Almost worth all the rain last month! Lots of frost, sun, and did you see the moonrise tonight?
Love that bit of frost you captured in your last shot. Gorgeous!!!
Can I come live with you for a while???
Beautiful!
Great color on the 1st shot and great detail on the 2nd shot
Amazing as always! I love the capture of the frost on the leaves. Fantastic.
Wonderful frost shots - what a variety nature provided you to photograph.
What a difference a day makes! Love the frost shots!!
WOW, from one extreme to the other. Beautiful shots Pat. Love the red leaf in the first one
Love the fern frond! And that color in the 1st one is wonderful! As always I'm loving your captures!
Remind me to put on a sweater before I look at your pictures. ;)
Post a Comment