I love the differing textures of the rocks--whether they are layered...
...pitted and carved...
...embellished with seams of color...
...or look like captured waves...
As I was clambering through a narrow area between the cliffs, I looked up and noticed the cliff swallow nests. They were at least 60' up, or higher. Thank goodness for a good zoom. It allowed me to see the individual daubs of mud that they use to construct their nests. Fascinating!












4 comments:
The first shot looks like a stairway to heaven, some of the others look like the makings of mud-dauber bees. Neat landscapes. (or rockscapes in this case)
I was waiting for the swallow nests! So glad you captured them so well! The holes that Nicki says are like mud-dauber bees are what made me expect swallows. Funny how nature works so well with itself that the holes of one animal are similar to the shapes of the nests of another.
Love all the details you captured in the rocks...especially love the nests, so clear and such interesting shapes. Isn't nature amazing?
I love all of these, but especially the close-ups; nice that you thought to zero in. The nest shots are right up there with the "one of a kind" finds, and you got such clarity with your zoom! Yay!
Post a Comment