I was delighted to see a plethora of great blue herons at Useless Bay. I always associate them with freshwater lakes, streams and ponds, so seeing them wading through the tidal areas and along the shore was really a treat. There were so many around it was an embarassment of riches.
I love watching them fly--the wings are so large, and their bodies, necks and legs so delicate. I heard them calling to one another...I'd never heard that before and the call sounded (to me) like a duck with bronchitis.Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I have only ever seen one blue heron at a time and never flying. Great shots.
A bonus treat - lovely series of pictures.
You already know that I love the "flyer" with the dangly legs - I still think it is the perfect "capture". But the 2nd-from-the-last fisher is wonderful, with both his side-burn feathers and the fish in his beak curved, mid-flop.
Post a Comment