Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pretty in Pink

It's rhodie season!  I love the way the Pacific Northwest bursts into bloom when the rhodies open up.  They come in all shades--reds, purples, lavenders, but I love the pinks.  I know--can't stand pink anywhere else but in the garden there is something magical about it.
 
To me, rhodies are the Southern Belles of the garden, in their layered ruffled flounced fancy dresses, each one trying to outdo the other in a tasteful, lady-like way.



 Love this variety...the buds open dark pink, and then fade to lighter pink to white as the flower ages.  A full rhodie in bloom in gorgeous, with several different shades of pink all at one.


3 comments:

My 365 Project said...

Oh so pretty!

Nicki said...

Beautiful pinks. Our Rhododendron is white - the buds are pink and white, but when in full bloom - only white.

The Gardencat said...

These are lovely. The texture of the petals does reminds me of froo-froo petticoats, glimpsed under pretty ladies skirts as they twirl by.