Sunday, July 15, 2012

Up Front

Most of the older homes have porches--the gathering places up and down the tree-lined streets.  And yes, in the evenings people sit out on their porches and wave and talk to the neighbors who walk by.



 This little beauty only had a portico over the front door, but I couldn't resist the shape of the window over it and the trim along the roofline.  This house was built in 1881, and still stands strong and true to its original character.
 I love the stonework detail on this front door.  In fact, I love the entire house, which is a lovely Tudor.  It is right across the street from Lake Michigan, so they have wonderful sunset views every evening.  Lucky!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh those are pretty!

periwinkle eye images said...

I would love to move from porch to porch and relax at each inviting place. I love the perspective you have chosen for these!

Kelly said...

Those homes are amazing. Almost like a dream neighborhood.

Kelly
mytimepassages.com