Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Rocks!

Ok, this can be taken in a variety of ways...  Since it is Valentine's Day, I do agree that Love Rocks---it is the core of the universe and puts everything into perspective.

On the other hand, these are Love Rocks--wonderfully shaped little hearts, made by Mother Nature and strewn underfoot for those who can find them.  I found one this morning as I was out for a walk, and it felt as if Rick had placed it there specifically for me to find--a Valentine from him.

And thirdly--I do love rocks!  I've always been a rock hound and hauled home waaaaay too many, both as a child and an adult.  I've been finding heart rocks for about 4 years, and am always amazed at the fact that a heart shape occurs naturally.  So cool.  These are my itty-bitties, but I have them in all sizes.  I even found a large dark brown one that I swear looks like chocolate when it is wet (which is most of the year around here.  Notice the raindrop on the heart on the left....it started pouring almost as soon as I snapped the shutter.)

7 comments:

Leilani said...

Love this post. I love the way you write.... and the way you see things! I would never ever have noticed the rocks shapes as hearts! Happy Valentines Day and Birthday!

Kerry said...

I love your heart rocks! My husband has to collect rocks from wherever we travel. Good thing we have a big truck because some of them are pretty big. :)

annabelle said...

Love them, it is wonderful how they are shaped that way...great finds. Happy LOVE day {hugs} :)

Alison Shuman - Find Real Austin said...

Nice Love Rocks collection! Would love to see how you store them in between the holidays!

Yolanda said...

Pat-- I'm sure that it was divine intervention for you to find one of those today! That's quite a collection. Is it your birthday also? Happy Birthday to you. I hope that this year is full of blessings and laughter!

Reds said...

Oh Pat I LOVE your rock collection!! I have one too but never found any in heart shapes - will have to start looking for them!

Margaret said...

I have no doubt that Rick did leave a heart-shaped rock there for you as a Valentine. Beautiful rocks to add to your collection. I hope the day was good for you. I know it must have been hard.