It's enough to make me want to give up. I looked out my window today, and here ensconced on the lawn, is the world's most realistic lawn ornament. I'm sure he decided to take a rest in the middle of my newly refurbished and seeded yard after snacking on the daylilies that are just about to bloom--oh wait--make that WERE just about to bloom. I took this through the window, not realizing that I could practically walk right up to him -- he didn't bother to move until I got within 10', and then it was just a slow unconcerned ramble. I think I need to use that BB gun (and improve my aim!)
And, when he and his friends are decimating the garden, this little varmit and HIS friends are doing the same. I just should've planted a buffet this year.. But, aren't those backlit ears cute?


13 comments:
Ha! I love how he's just laying there, not a care in the world. What a brat! We're overrun with rabbits too, my kids think they're cute but I hate them!
AWWWWWW! That buck is gorgeous! And the bunny is cute too! I know they are pests but how cute are they??
Awww I love those backlit ears! And your real deer lawn ornament is awesome! I hope he didn't eat your beautiful flowers but how cool to have him relaxing in your yard like that!
Great photos. They are pretty to look at even if they eat your flowers. I swear by deer off. My neighbor loves blood meal. Those back lit ears are adorable!
You've got the cutest little visitors - too bad they eat your grass and garden!!
That is quite the capture of the buck! WOW!! He is being awfully trusting to lay out there in the open like that... and allow you to walk towards him! LOVE the bunny!
Oh but he is so beautiful! Fortunately we don't have a deer problem, but I know how you feel. Those cute little bunnies ate my blueberries to the stems this year! They didn't seem quite so cute after that. =)
Wow these are amazing, that they just sit there totally calm.. Great job.
sorry he is ruining your garden!
Awww, I would love if animals came to me like that! Only cause it doesn't happen, I can see it being annoying too. That deer is gorgeous!
BTW, I did a little Keats update post just for you :)
That IS frustrating! I've had that happen a time or two as well. A friend told me to buy hot pepper flakes and sprinkle them liberally in my garden (you can get them cheap at Walmart and CVS) every week or so. It works to keep the critters away!
Saw this and thought of you and your bunnies today.
http://grumpygardener.southernliving.com/grumpy_gardener/2010/07/rx-for-rabbits-ban-those-bunnies.html
Love the Grumpy Gardener. =)
Maybe I should send Doug out to see you, with his Defender, and the pellet gun!
Post a Comment