After weeks of rain and grey wet weather, we finally had a beautiful warm sunny day. I drove over to the Falls yesterday evening to check them out; with all the rain we've had I knew they would be roaring. I got there just at the right time of the evening--the sun was at the right angle in the sky, making this beautiful mistbow at the base of the Falls. I would've loved to have gotten a shot or two from the lookout area at the base, but it and the hiking trail are closed for a major reconfiguration. Drat. Still gorgeous from any angle, though, and look at that blue sky!!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
What beautiful pictures! I love waterfalls but unfortunately live on the prairies of Canada. :o(
Oh wow! I bet that was so uplifting to get out with your camera and see such a glorious sight! I think that was a special rainbow just for you. ;)
Usually you post only the falls, I love the hotel? in the photo too. Great rainbow Pat. Have you thought of sending them in to the hotel for Advertising....they would surely purchase them...Stunning!
Nice to 'see' you posting again! That is so pretty. I went there once, but it was a sad gloomy day, your picture is so happy
Oh my heavens, that IS a beautiful shot! Can you imagine waking up to this view everyday, if you lived at the top? Amazing amazing spot and perfect timing with that rainbow!
How beautiful! And you even managed to capture a rainbow!
It's so nice to see you post again, Pat! I had missed your beautiful photos!
Absolutely stunning shots, Pat! I love these. That blue sky is so amazing! Wow!
What an awesome view. You captured the Falls just perfectly, Pat!
Glad to see you back taking awesome photos again!! We have missed you!
Stunning, Pat!! I really like the hotel, too... and agree with Shannon! You captured all the details so well!!
Post a Comment