Imagine my delight to find this group of snowdrops blooming, looking like a drift around the base of the tree.
This variety of daffodil is called "February Gold". There's a good reason for that--who doesn't need that punch of brightness in the dreary days of February?
My favorite harbinger of spring...pussy willows!!





5 comments:
No fair! You have spring and I want some. We still have about 8 inches of snow in the garden so I'm not going to be seeing my snowdrops for a while yet.
Love all your shots but I think I like the pussy willows the best.
Oh wow! We don't have anything like that here, but those are so cheery and happy and inspiring! In about two weeks we'll start the annual contest to see who hears or sees a Sandhill Crane first, and that is our first spring ritual. But those poor cranes always arrive in a storm, and before anything has turned green yet. Your first signs of spring are a lot more colorful!
Yay!! You mean spring might actually happen this year? I was starting to worry lol! Beautiful captures!
such perfect Spring pictures!! I love those first flowers - I have never heard of them.
Just saw a patch of February yellow the other day - Spring is around the corner for sure. Absolutely love the pussy willow - can feel the furry pods with these macros.
Post a Comment