Thursday, February 21, 2013

Of Barns and Fences

There are 2 old barns, named the Twin Barns, on the pathways at the Wildlife Refuge.  When I first passed them, the morning clouds hadn't burned off yet, and everything was grey and gloomy.  The moodiness called for a black and white interpretation.
 About 45 minutes later, the sun had shown up and I was on the opposite side of the barns.  Perfect view complete with old split rail fence.
 

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Love how the lighting and a different angle can make such a huge difference in the mood of the shot. That black and white captures the mood perfectly.

Susan Beth said...

Love the barns - makes me wonder why someone would need two barns so close together. And the fence is perfect! Used to have those fences at the state parks in CA. Here it is all Jack-Leg fence, which is not as nice.

Kerry said...

I love old barns including these!

The Gardencat said...

Funny, I've been bemoaning the lack of sunshine here the last while but when I look at your pictures it is the first 'gloomier' one that really appeals to me.

Nicki said...

What a beautiful scene - love the idea of twin barns.