Monday, January 16, 2012

YES!!!!

NOW it feels like winter!  It snowed yesterday---the big huge irregularly shaped flakes that I call "linting" or "dandruffing" because they sure don't resemble snowflakes.  We got about 3-4" out here...not bad, but the rainy roads froze first, so the going was a little iffy this morning.  Luckily it was MLK day so the schools were closed anyway.  We're supposed to get a little more snow tonight, and maybe tomorrow, but by Thursday it is supposed to be raining again.

Have I mentioned how much I love this neighborhood when everything is snowy? 

5 comments:

Jill said...

Pretty! I love those big huge kind of snowflakes. Except, it seems like it usually means the snow is just about to stop (or just starting).

Unknown said...

oh beautiful!!! I so wish it snowed here.

Becca said...

Oh, so gorgeous! I want to take a walk along that bridge, but then it would mess up the snow!

Our piddly little snow is long gone. Today it was 60 degrees.

Nicki said...

Check out those big flakes - and the location of the 2nd picture is magnificent. We briefly had a dusting of snow - now rain, and wind - horrible wind.

Reds said...

Wow - that second shot makes me want to put my skis on or my snowshoes and go for a long walk!