I think I should call this "Fire and Ice". The new growth on the pieris japonica is always red; it just glowed under all that ice!
The poor witch hazel got caught. It bloomed earlier than usual this year due to our (up until now) mild winter, but the snow and ice hammered it.



6 comments:
that is a lot of ice. I do like it on the pieris japonica - magnifying color. I see these pictures and am astounded that today it was in the mid-70's here. Normally I would be looking at snow and ice. weird! (but I'm not complaining.)
wow that ice looks pretty, but I'm sad for the poor plants!
I am so glad you are there to suffer through the cold and ice to get these gorgeous shots.
the "dripping" looks beautiful, but such a curious effect, since we know nothing was melting! Lovely, thrilling pics!
So pretty, everything encased in ice. I wish we'd have some cold weather.
Perfect title for a perfect shot - Fire & Ice!
Post a Comment