While I was visiting my DD and her family in Iowa over the holidays, we were treated to some gorgeous sunsets. No snow, but beautiful skies. This was taken through a screened window, so overlook that...
A couple of days after getting home, I was coming home after moonrise to see this---a halo around the moon. Even though we are having a mild and fairly warm (and dry!) winter, there were enough ice crystals in the upper atmosphere to make the halo appear. It was gorgeous! Glad I had my little P&S along...Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Beautiful sunset and lovely halos around the moon. I hope your trip was filled with activity and fun.
it's gteat that you could collect a stunning sunset from the midwest - to capsulate your memories. and the halo looks exactly (underlined and italicized and bolded)as it did out my front window with the naked eye!
Beautiful Pat! I've been stalking your blog for the past few days, glad to see you back :)
I'm heading up to Molbaks tomorrow to shoot (and shop). If there's any chance you can meet me drop me a note or give a call!
Happy New Year!
That sunset looks like fire. Amazing!
Love that sunset! And the halos - wow!!
Hi, Pat! Gorgeous sunset and moon shot shot. Happy New Year! :)
Post a Comment