At certain portions of the walkway near the falls, the spray blows quite heavily onto the walkway and surrounding trees. Most of the time it is just wet, moist, drippy---but when we have cold weather, everything becomes encased in ice.
Each branch, each twig is given its own protective casing.
Large windswept icicles form on the hanging branches of the fir trees, looking like the elaborate swag on Victorian-ear curtains.Pine needles are individually wrapped and frozen, becoming works of art.





9 comments:
So very very beautiful!
I love your icy pictures - especially the last one!
Oh the pine needles are wonderful, great refraction in the one shot.
Those are so beautiful! I lovelovelove the pine needles!
I always get excited to look at your blog and that 4th photo down made me say "wow"!! Especially love the bit of sun flare shining through. Very nice!
Breathtaking! Beautiful!
Gorgeous shots! Looks cold though brrrr!! ;)
I do so love your macros. You make me wish it snowed here!
Love the directional feel on the 3rd one. Must be an amazing site to see. Wonderful!!
Post a Comment