Friday, November 09, 2012

Waterfall Ramble

Had an unexpected bonus of a not-rainy day, and ML called me for a spur-of-the-moment photo ramble.  We decided to go see one of our favorite places and check out the "waterfall" there---it's more of a run-off flow, since during the summer there is hardly anything moving down the hill.  But now, after all our rain....BONUS!!

 We decided to explore a little further down the road and off on an interesting side road.  I loved this green tunnel....who would expect green this time of year?
 A little further on, a last gasp of color stood out among all the greyed tree trunks.
 Then we came across another little freshet fall, and of course had to stop and catch it.  This one would definitely be dry during the summer, but now, with the ferns and the mossy rocks, it is beautiful!


One of the reasons I love living here is the fact that there are waterfalls all around.  Yes, it rains a LOT, but the upside to that is the green-ness, even in winter, and waterfalls or freshets showing up in the most unexpected places after lots of rain.  I love the look and the sound of them, and am so grateful to live in an area where I can find these little gems.

3 comments:

periwinkle eye images said...

"Gems" is right - every one of them!

Kim said...

I love seeing your waterfalls and greeness! Obviously something that's lacking here in Arizona! Absolutely beautiful scenery, Pat!

Nicki said...

Fantastic falls - but that tunnel of green is AMAZING!