Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One Man's Weed....

...is another man's flower.  This hillside carpeted in white looks so fresh and beautiful!
 Closer up, you see these.  I don't know what these are, but they are prolifically blooming right now, interspersed with dandelions.  They are a little smaller than a dime, and only about 2-3" tall.  I know they are weed-ish, but they are so pretty and delicate, despite their "reputation".

 I really like the way the backside of the petals is pink--it makes such a pretty effect in a full field with some fully opened flowers, and some just opening, showing their pettiskirts.

3 comments:

LiaL said...

I love all daisy-like flowers. I really do need to move out west - you live in a beautiful place!

periwinkle eye images said...

Yet another reminder of mountain living! These are not weeds, but indeed wildflowers...someday I will recall the name. Where, oh where is this hillside? It almost looks like you could pretend it is summer, with the wonderful hillside shot. I am glad you did this post - delightful!

Penny said...

Love the color of these little wildflowers! That blush underneath the petals is beautiful!! You really do live in a beautiful part of the country!