Saturday, May 07, 2011

Curls and Spirals

I love this time of year when the ferns are uncurling.  They come up in their perfect little fiddleheads and spiral in on themselves, and gradually unwind and open up.  The fiddleheads are so intriguing, though, that everything is tucked in, in miniature.

 Had to play with some texture with this one....
 And not everything that spirals is a fern.  Yes, the "slugs in drag" are back--I fling 'em as soon as I find them.  This dude has been around (hiding) for several seasons to be this big.  No longer....it was a good run (or ooze--snails oooooze their way through the garden) while it lasted.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

oh, but isn't that shell lovely. Delightful fern curls and spirals. Happy Mother's Day Pat.

periwinkle eye images said...

Thank you for the close-up of one of my favorite subjects, and I don't mean the snail! Great machros on the ferns!