ML and I went over to the zoo Friday to celebrate the nice weather and the fact that we're both doing better. Silly us to have forgotten the End-of-the-School-Year-Field-Trips! TWELVE bus loads of wild life let loose into the zoo.... It was not the quiet, restful visit to the zoo that we had anticipated. We ended up skipping several exhibits and leaving earlier than planned, but still had a great time and saw some of our favorites. I was thrilled to be able to walk and get around; still a little shaky and slow, but light-years better than where I was and definitely on the mend!
This guy is my absolute favorite. Shooting through glass, so it is hard to be crsip and clear, but I love the litte lop-sided "smile" I got.

I like the bears--from a safe distance. They are awesomely scary.

The eagles have a large enclosure; I wish that the fencing didn't show, but I didn't want to Photoshop it all out, either...

A spectacled owl. I just love this little guy.

A peregrine falcon. Even sitting still he looks fast.

One of the gorilla troop. Again, shooting through glass.

It always amazes me how sinuous a giraffe's neck is--

And speaking of sinuous necks, the flamingo exhibit is nice. I don't know why I was expecting masses of flamingoes like they have in San Diego, but will settle for a few.

These two were NOT getting along at all!
3 comments:
The flamingo pictures are lovely, but that first one with the crooked grin is my favorite! Happy to hear you were able to get out and about.
I love the eagles Pat, the fence is barely noticable. And the giraffe...great shot. Wish my neck was longer, my arms too..hahah
Pat, these are great!! Makes me want to check out the zoo! I haven't been in years!! My fav is the 1st one too. He's so cute... in a funny kind of way! lol! So glad you're up and about... makes a world of difference to be able to get OUT!!!
Post a Comment