Monday, June 22, 2009

Bloomers

The astrantia in my garden is blooming. At least the deer and vermin leave it alone... I love the way the veining shows up when the buds first open up. They almost look like paper flowers.
The pink variety is just as pretty.
I saw this beauty at the nursery. It sobbed to come home with me, but I knew the deer or elk would eat it in a heartbeat, so resisted all its blandishments and contented myself with some photos. But oh, I was tempted!! The colors and the the sheer lushness of the petals...
The way the light fell on these osteospermum just made me happy--it was like all the light was being gathered into the centers, and then being beamed back out again.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful back lighting on the first shot....how pretty.I love osteorum (sp?) I think they are one of my favorites.
Hope you are well Pat! I have been thinking of you :)

Penny said...

Beautiful shots, Pat! I don't think I've ever seen those 1st 2 flowers before. Great job on all of these!! Love the light and "lushness"... is that a word?? lol! Hope you're doing better each day!