Every time it snows recently I think it must be the last snow of the season, but Mother Nature keeps pulling a surprise or two out of her bag of tricks. It snowed yesterday--about 6", and was cold enough last night for the slush from the afternoon warm-up to freeze. Today we have BLUE SKY, so everything is gorgeous.
See the snow covered branches in the drop below?

A little bit of ice, with a waterdrop on the end, plus some sunflare, and refracted pines...

The view out our window this morning was spectacular. Nothing like a blue sky to make the snow-encrusted trees and mountains look magical.

And this...THIS is the pestiferous robin, who for the 3rd (YES THIRD) year in a row is back, throwing himself against our front window and fighting with the robin reflected in the kickplate on our front door. The neighbor's cat is falling down on its job; it is time to break out the air rifle. I haven't found any other way to get rid of this pest, and our porch is a MESS. But, doesn't he look chilled? Too bad he didn't freeze last night. Good riddance!
2 comments:
Beautiful Pat! But enough of the winter already!! I remember that robin, what a pain! But he does look all puffy and pretty...let's hope that he has had therapy through out the winter to resolve his issues :)lol
I agree with enough of winter... but your photos are just beautiful, Pat! Love the blue skies and all that snow... and of course the water drops are always stunning!! I would love to see a robin here... one of the first signs of spring in MI. I keep hoping it won't be much longer!!
Post a Comment