Saturday, March 14, 2009

Frost and Ice Patterns

Our recent cold weather has brought out Mother Nature's artistic side...

Frost on the windshield looks like fern or pine fronds


Amazing--the pond freezes with a combination of straight linear lines and these incredibly organic shapes. Just look at the base of these "ferns".
And this!! A butterfly on ice! How cool is this?!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

the patterns in the ice are amazing Pat...but enough of the winter! I know it's bad when you are frozen and get snow in march.
Bring on the sunshine and some spring flowers :)

Penny said...

You always seem to find the best of whatever Mother Nature has thrown your way, Pat! Love those designs... they really do look like ferns!! Awesome!!

Regina said...

And it tales a talented eye to even see these things!! Beautiful!!

LiaL said...

The butterfly on the ice is awesome! I, too, have been taking shots of the frosted windshields. We still have several feet of snow here so there won't be any springlike for ages!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

These are incredible. I love the butterfly.