Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sidetracked

On our way up to Granite Falls, ML and I were sidetracked by this barn with the charming attached mini-barn.  Don't know what the purpose of the smaller building was, but it certainly caught our eyes and caused us to take an unplanned side trip.  Well worth it!


 Across the road was another old barn...not as charming, but one that was showing the patina of the years.
 Next door to the dual barn was this barn; I really liked the windows set on point flanking the loft doors.  Even with a metal roof this barn had character.
 A hawthorne tree was blooming profusely in the front yard of an abandoned house.  So gorgeous!
 Purple iris and yellow buttercups---what a perfectly lovely combination!!

1 comment:

periwinkle eye images said...

I love the iris and buttercups, and adult/child barns. You made a much better pic than I did. Great post!