ML and I decided on a spur-of-the-moment ramble, and ended up in Granite Falls. We had perfect weather for a little hike and seeing the Stillaguamish River racing through the canyon.
The view down-canyon
The view up-canyon, towards the "falls" themselves (more of cascades than falls, but with the river high it was pretty impressive)
All kinds of shades of green along the river
High on the cliffs, a fir stands by itself, while smaller ones huddle near
A small rivulet, running under an arched tree limb, reflected the color of the cliffs on the opposite side of the river
I moved about 12" to the left and now the reflected color was shades of green. It always pays to move around and see a scene from more than one angle.
I love the way these leaves are backlit and illuminated against the darker background. Surrounded by tall Doug firs, this branch was spotlighted by a ray of light cutting through the canopy and glowed in the darkness like a jewel.








1 comment:
Oh, what captures! I love the green/green with the audience of ferns across the bottom of the pic. And, the golden arch-turned-to-green by just repositioning yourself! Keep that pair of pics in mind for when you become a renown photographer and are teaching classes.
Post a Comment