Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Raindrops!

Finally! Some real rain! We've gone several weeks without significant rain (which is usual for us in the summer), but since our summer "drought" started earlier than usual, the garden has been struggling. Sprinklers are nice, but sprinkler drops are NOT the same as rain drops. I don't know why, but they just don't adhere or hang the same way as a raindrop. So, after our rain yesterday, I ran out and caught a few shots. It's raining again today. I love the way it smells. I love the way it sounds. I need to remind myself of that this fall and winter, when it's been raining for 4 or 5 months straight....



12 comments:

Sharon said...

So beautiful and inspiring. Just make me get outside and take some shots! ;)

Amy said...

These are just so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

It's the rain great! (I never thought I'd say that) It's so nice to have a break from watering the garden :) Love the reflections you captured in these!

Cheryl said...

GREAT sharp focus on those refractions, Pat, you must be in your element when it rains. !

Charleen said...

you rock the macros! :)

Reds said...

Love your drops Pat! So beautiful!

Nicki said...

BEAUTIFUL! and is that a new header with droplets or am I just s.l.o.w!

Marcy said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for my backordered macro! You are making me wish for rain, too:)

Unknown said...

Love these!! One day soon I will have a macro lens lol!

Suzy said...

These are amazing! Love all the detail in the droplets!

LiaL said...

I love your macro shots! I never used to like the rain ... until I got my macro lens. Now I'm outside as soon as the last drop falls and early on dewy mornings!